Monday, April 27, 2015

Moment of Clarity



You've got a locket in your hand
to raise the stakes of your command
A blue-eyed boy will come soon
to represent the month of June
I've got a bruise upon my thigh
I pushed too hard and fell behind
Too far to reach out with my claws
Too fast to run down with my crawl

Brace yourself
What is worth living for? 
What is worth dying for?

Dwelling up in your sleepy mind
there lies a box in which you'll find
a little charm and diamond crown
It's time to rediscover sound
Close the box and then wake up,
take a sip from a paper cup
You've got a spider upon your skin
who wants to know just where you've been

Brace yourself
What is worth living for? 
What is worth dying for?

I mentioned to him in conversation
you read the book of revelations
We had our moment of clarity,
he felt he could confide in me
We glanced up at the ticking clock
to gently ease your state of shock
I felt your twitching hands collapse
like ice melting in my mouth

No comments:

Post a Comment