Sunday, April 26, 2015

Delayed Reaction


You're wondering 'round my door
You're wondering 'round the wrong back door
     I haven't started yet
     I haven't even mentioned yet

You're wondering 'round my dear
You're barking up the wrong tree, dear
     I couldn't climb away
     My hands are hard and gray

Piss away 
hours in a day
a day
Mark away 
hours become days
the days
the days 
the days 
the days
Piss away

You're wondering aloud
You're wondering painful thoughts aloud
     I'm not adept at this
     I've got a cleft in my fist

You're wondering overhead
You're camping out inside my head
     I've never learned
     I have no formal training
     so train me
     
Piss away 
hours in a day
a day
Mark away
hours become days
the days
the days
the days 
the days
Piss away

MM 1997

No comments:

Post a Comment