Thursday, April 30, 2015

Joyous & Tragic


Mark steady with trembling hands
X's across the calendar
Count up the days I thee wed
You've stumbled across your balance
Scratch away the cold secrets
Loving with paper and pencil
Reaching the most quiet resolve

You have passed a failing test
I was bound to bleed the rest.

Your voice sounds like it's right next door
I can envision you right around
Cold kissing with sweat in vacant air
I can still remember you right here
Count up the days with numbers
It's the strangest kind of loneliness
Counting with quiet resolve

Airports are both joyous and tragic
They make the sweat fall from my palms
That day I woke up beside you
Today I am living inside the phone
Your eyes are the stars across my dreams
If they would fall just for me
I might well be the one

MM 1999

(Artwork by Bob Rob)

No comments:

Post a Comment