Saturday, August 22, 2026

My Lover is Gone for the Weekend

 


I feel so vulnerable and alone when you’re gone
when I’m reflecting on trauma and pain from those times
from the past when I couldn’t bear witness
to descending spiral stairs my life sprang forth from
the here and now
 
There was a video from the past so long ago
and I saw myself there within it my eyes red
glazed weary in existence, sightlines and moments
obstructed by futures obscured
I was nothing but a sick patient
 
I lay in bed, tired, eyes are heavy
my mind raced to piece together timelines
of where I was when I fell behind the curve
picking up pieces scattered and stained on cement
it was Fall so long ago
leaves changed and it seems like forever
 
I didn’t know you then but when I met you it felt weird
like you’d overseen the path before
your face familiar and knowing surreal
gaze before me in your eyes
from the other side of the bed
please see me 
 
MM
10.3.2025

No comments:

Post a Comment